Pregnancy Series: Third Trimester

I was quite restless in my third semester, since my weight increased exponentially in this trimester. Carrying my body weight seemed quite a task. Also, due to lot of movement sound sleep was kinda impossible.

Symptoms:
1. Gained almost 10kgs in this trimester.
2. Intensive pain in legs and heartburn.
3. Vomiting was quite occasional.
4. Lots and lots of baby movement. 
5. Had a downward pressure in 8th month as if baby is going to come out right now.
6. I had acne all over my forehead which miraculously faded away after my delivery.
7. My face bloated to twice the size. Though my hands and feet were quite ok. 
8. I had glow in my first trimester but after that I looked pathetic. Since they say baby girl steals their mom's beauty and mine certainly did, haha !

Doctor's Advice:
1. Eat healthy.
2. Regularly take calcium and iron.
3. Keep a check on baby's movement.
4. In 8th month, since I had downward pressure doctor advised me to not to stand for a long time.
    Hence work for 15 minutes and rest.   

Cravings:
1. Hungry at sharp 3 in midnight. So I kept something handy for midnight hunger pangs. Like a banana or few almonds. 
2. Sweets made a comeback but still salted stuff was my favorite.
3. I literally craved for Mc. Donald's french fries.
4. Had every fruit and vegetable with extra salt. Sometimes I would just had a pinch of salt alone.
5. I craved for fruits and coconut water.

Having a high Blood pressure is not good for pregnancy. Hence make sure if you are craving for salt like me, keep a check on it. I had a B.P. machine at home hence kept a regular check. Also, at times I would suppress my salt craving since excess salt is bad for health and leads to bloating. 

For me stretch marks became quite prominent in this trimester. 
Not sure since I could not try it but I have heard applying bio oil from 4th month regularly decreases the stretch marks to quite an extent. Also, make sure not to scratch the itching area. Just rub a soft cloth over it. 

Coming over to outfit. Below is the suit I wore in my last trimester for a religious occasion.





                                                                       ~Live Love Laugh~
                                                                               Mukta

Disclaimer: Everything stated above is my personal experience, do consult a doctor before you follow any of the tips mentioned above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment